The DNA of Petra Institute is to train for multiplication. By equipping tutors who train others to train yet others, we increase the workforce of our partners, giving many more children the opportunity to meet and follow Christ.
For each of our courses and workshops at Petra Institute, we have a tutor training. In this training, facilitators (called tutors) are equipped to present the specific course. Normally these courses are scheduled on demand from our partners.
- Individual and group study
- Learning by doing
Each training session is designed to meet the needs of the participants, using a selection of the available subjects.
- Option 1: Weekend training
- Option 2: 5-day training
- Option 3: 10-day training
At the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
- Help develop the values, skills, and knowledge of their learners
- Apply adult learning principles
- Apply the principles and skills of facilitation
- Develop needs-based and outcome-based programmes and processes
- Apply the experiential learning cycle and assessment tools and methods
- Conduct courses under our supervision
We have partners all over the world. Training is done wherever our partners are. Please contact us for further information.
Tutor training is only available to participants who completed the related children’s ministry course, with proven experience in the relevant skills and fitting the general requirements for tutorship.
I learnt how to build relationships with both children and children’s workers. Children’s ministry is no more just about conveying knowledge; within deeper relationships, faith is transferred. Our children’s workers share that they have received life skills, which impact life on all levels – even outside of children’s ministry.”